Welcome to the wonderful world of cooking! This voyage promises to be full of tastes and creativity, whether you’re a seasoned pro or a newbie eager to learn the culinary arts. Cooking is an art form that allows you to transform simple items into delectable dishes that satisfy all of your senses. Cooking is a totally immersive experience, from the sizzling of a hot pan to the perfume that fills your kitchen. So put on your apron, and let’s embark on a delicious adventure together!
Galbi Fried Rice
Prep Time 45 minutes | Cook Time15 minutes
Galbi (beef short rib) fried rice is a quick and easy family dish to prepare. This large amount of rice is also great for meal prep! Begin by marinating your galbi in a sweet tenderizing marinade. Chop the carrots and onions while the pork is marinating. The gochujang (red fermented bean paste) sauce at the end is optional, but it adds a delicious spicy flavor to the rice. Wrap the rice in crispy seaweed for a taste sensation!
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED FOR GALBI FRIED RICE:
- 1.5 pound short rib, cut in ½ inches cubes
- 2 tbs neutral oil
- 4 cups cooked rice (leftover is best)
- 2-3 carrot, peeled chopped in small pieces
- ½ onion, chopped in small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs marinade
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- green onions, for garnish
- 2 fried eggs on top
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- ¼ white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 kiwi (I used golden for extra sweetness), sub with ½ korean pear
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tbs ginger
- 1 tbs sugar
- ½ tbs oyster sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbs honey, optional
STEPS TO MAKE THE GALBI FRIED RICE:
- Cut the meat from the short rib bones into 1-inch chunks. If you want to consume the bones later, sear them beforehand.
- 14 white onion, 2 garlic cloves, 1 kiwi (I used golden for extra sweetness), 14 cup soy sauce, 12 tablespoon ginger, 12 tablespoon sugar, 12 tablespoon oyster sauce, and 14 cup water. Optional: I like to add 1 tablespoon honey to the marinade! Blend the sauce until smooth. Then, pour the marinade over the chopped short rib.
- Galbi should be marinated for 15-30 minutes. If you marinade the meat for more than an hour, the kiwi will tenderize it too much.
- Chop the onions, carrots, and garlic while the meat is marinating. Set aside the green onions.
- 1 tbs oil, sautéed galbi for 2 minutes on medium high heat until golden brown, set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and carrots to a medium high heat. Saute for 1-2 minutes, then add onions and garlic for another minute. Stir in your 4 cups rice until it is soft. Then, combine 2 tablespoons galbi sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon oyster sauce. Finally, add your cooked galbi and combine. Add freshly ground pepper and sesame oil to taste.
- Optional garnishes include gochujang sauce, 2 fried eggs, sliced green onions, and sesame seeds. I hope you enjoy it!
CHICKEN PAPAYA SOUP
Chicken Papaya is a typical Filipino soup made from unripe green papaya and spinach. The broth is delicious, with ginger, garlic, onion, fish sauce, and chicken bouillon cubes infusing it.
WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS RECIPE?
Chicken Papaya is a healthful and tasty Filipino soup. The meal is basic because no spices are used, yet the soup is incredibly pleasant due to the herbs infused broth and fish sauce. It’s also healthful because it contains papaya, spinach, and several herbs. To make it a complete meal, we serve it with white rice, which is a staple cuisine in the Philippines. You can also have this soup without rice if you are on a diet, live in chilly weather, or are sick. Tinolang Manok is the name given to this dish by the natives. Tinola means “soup” and Manok means “chicken” in Tagalog. However, because it is easier for readers to comprehend, I shall refer to this meal as Chicken Papaya Soup.
VEGETABLES: I’m using unripe green papaya and fresh spinach. The papaya is the most significant component in this dish since its sweetness balances out the saltiness of the other ingredients. We traditionally use green unripe papaya, however you can substitute ripe orange papaya if you choose.
HERBS: To ensure that the broth is healthful, I use herbs such as ginger, garlic, and onion in my soup.
CONDIMENTS: The chicken bouillon cubes and fish sauce are vital seasonings that I used to enhance the flavor of the soup.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COOKING
Cooking this Papaya Soup is simple as long as you have all of the necessary components. Recipe for Ya Soup:
First, I heat up some vegetable oil in a saucepan. When it’s hot, I add the ginger, garlic, and onion and sauté them. I next add the chicken drumsticks and thighs and stir them in before adding the water. I then added the fish sauce and chicken bouillon cubes as the water began to boil. Then I let it boil for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is done. Finally, I add the green papaya and spinach and let it boil for less than 5 minutes before turning off the heat. Remember to serve it with white rice.